Saturday, April 18, 2009

Last night Ben and I were talking about the new house (which we just signed the lease, thank you the fuck much) and well, Ben's a man so I obviously impose that he could be a man and help me build a bookcase? So my idea is to get the thickest and cheapest wood (I want to make a really blocky-bookcase. I haven't really seen much around and I tried to search the internet but all those furniture stores carry all that modern shit, so alas no luck) and then find a bunch of glass from mirrors from thrift stores, cut the glass (if that's possible?) and fit it onto the wood. And cover the wood with mirrors. So basically a bookcase covered in mirrors. But, that sounds overwhelmingly complicated (haha, I even mentioned we could put designs in it...), and Ben is only so much man, and I really can't ask for more- since he's already prime because of his cooking skills. So today I was just poking around different furniture websites that I'm aware of (does anyone know of good/cheaper furniture websites BESIDES ikea?) and I found this....It's wall shelving, so a method of attaching it to the wall might be a problem, or if our landlord/lease will even allow it (which, I'm just going to go ahead and consider yes, since the last tennants painted the walls and I KNOW and work with who used to live there now, haha) But seriously, all of that is sort of basic.

Also found this on Collette.
8 euros. I think yes?

No comments: